Looking to book a safari to Kenya? Our Kenya Safari FAQ tells you exactly what you need to know before embarking on your adventure. Make sure to also check out our other informational content below!
1. Are international flight costs included in your advertised safari tour prices?
Our safari tour prices do not include international air tickets.
2. What are your Terms & Conditions?
Take a look at our Terms & Conditions HERE
3. What safari vehicle types do you use on your tours?
Our standard safari vehicle is a custom designed minivan with a pop-up roof for easy and comfortable photography during game drives and sightseeing. We recommend a maximum of 6 persons per safari van for a guaranteed window seat.
We also use pop-up roof 4×4 land cruiser jeeps on safari. This is an upgrade on request and comes at an extra cost. Both safari minivans and 4×4 jeeps are sufficiently adequate for safari tour; it is really a question of personal preference and price.
Both safari vehicle types are fitted with long range radios for easy communication, cooler boxes, and first aid kits.
4. What are the distances and driving times on safari?
Driving times in Africa may vary from the European and American concept. In Kenya, roads are narrow and may not be well maintained. The roads leading to the National Parks and Game Reserves are sometimes rough.
Please note that stated driving time on safari itineraries/programs are estimations and may vary depending on traffic and road condition. Feel free to check out our KENYA TRAVEL GUIDE where we provide general information on distances and driving times between Kenya’s different safari destinations.
5. Is it guaranteed to spot the ‘Big Five’ or other specific wildlife during your safari?
Specific animal spotting cannot be guaranteed on safari, as animals move freely in their natural habitat. Kenya’s national parks are no zoos, actively searching and finding wild animals in their natural environment is part of the excitement of a safari. Our safari itineraries are however designed and operated in a way that grants the best opportunities for spectacular game viewing.
There are also some parks / locations with almost guarantees for specific sightings; these include for example Amboseli National Park for Elephants, Mzima Springs in Tsavo West & Lake Naivasha for Hippos, Lake Nakuru National Park for Rhinos etc.
6. What if I have special dietary requirements?
If you have any allergies or special dietary requirements, please let us know beforehand at the time of booking, so we can advise the lodgings accordingly. Most places will be able to accommodate to your preferred meal options, though sometimes vegetarian/vegan options may be a bit limited and repetitive. If you require any special health supplement, please kindly bring it with you.
7. Are persons with special needs able to participate on any of your safari tours?
We cannot guarantee that safari accommodation and other facilities will be available for e.g. wheelchair passengers, however, we shall do our best to reserve equal value/standard properties and facilities that conform to the special needs. We kindly request that you specify your special needs and requirements in this case.
8. Do you also organize group safaris (“joined safaris” / ”shared safaris”) at KingTomondo Safaris Kenya?
Almost all our safari tours are private. Each booking will have their own safari vehicle and dedicated driver / guide. All our private safaris are affordable though, just contact us for a quote!
However, in case you are specifically looking for a group safari, you can always contact us, and we can see what we can do. Group safaris always depend on finding suitable dates where different groups/individuals can participate of course, so they are usually a bit less flexible than private safaris.
9. What additional services can KingTomondo Safaris Kenya provide?
Apart from taking you on the safari of a lifetime, we can:
- Book you beach hotels and domestic flights
- Take you on day trips for snorkeling, game viewing and cultural programs (check out our Day Trips HERE)
- Get the best deals for you for any other holiday-related activities
- Help you prepare your stay in Kenya with plentiful information about country, culture and people (make sure to check out our online Kenya Travel Guide HERE)